Re: [PROPOSAL] Full text of GPL must be included

On Fri, 1 Dec 2000, Brian Mays wrote:
> <sarcasm>
> But what if someone (named Fred) downloads our package and makes an RPM
> out of it (using alien) and gives it to his friend (named Bob, who knows
> nothing about Debian) and is hit by a car and dies.  Oh my god!  Bob would
> then be left without knowledge or access to the source of the binaries,
> and therefore a grievous violation of the GPL would have occurred!  We
> MUST include the source too in our packages, to prevent tragic situations
> such as this.
> </sarcasm>
>
> See how ridiculous these arguments are beginning to sound?

It was almost this ridiculous to begin with.

   < <"What Am I Doing? I'm Quietly Judging You." --Frank TJ Mackey> >
  <         <Rando Christensen / An illuzion worth believing>         >
 <  <illuzionz@xanthor.net>  <eyez@xanthor.net>  <eyez@fragments.net>  >