Re: [PROPOSAL] Full text of GPL must be included

Ok. I have discussed this a bit with my roommate, and we have a
suggestion:

Make the GPL show up in ftp motd and perhaps even the web server
(headers?) and mention that many packages, as indicated, are covered
under the GPL. We also mention that redistribution of the packages
requires giving the GPL as well (in order to cover the friend-floppy
network).

This would remove the whole deal from the end OS. Anyone that gets their
debian packages from cheapbytes gets it through base-files. Anyone that
downloads one .deb from the servers gets it through the motd or the web
page, and the onus is on the end person to continue the GPL chain.

Thoughts?

--
``Oh Lord; Ooh you are so big; So absolutely huge; Gosh we're all
really impressed down here, I can tell you.''