RE: New field proposed, UUID

There should be a happy medium ground where *ANY* change to a deb -- that
effects what is actually installed on a system when the package is
installed, results in a version update.  But, a "internal signature by the
archive maintainer" would not, assuming that is in the deb header and does
not effect what is actually installed.  I don't see the argument against
this.

Fred Reimer
Eclipsys Corporation