Proposal: Splitting cgi-bin

Now that there is some time to make changes before the next release,
can we look at this idea again.  It's really a pretty simple idea
that would save some headaches for professional webmaster.  Most
people have said they thought it was a good idea.  It just needs to
go through the final steps of being accepted or rejected.

-----
Most people setting up a web site expect /cgi-bin/ to be available for
scripts on their site.  Unfortunately, Debian uses this for those scripts
packages that get installed.  These two need to be independant.

As such, Debian's system needs to be altered a bit.  I recommend using
instead the name "/cgi-lib/" for scripts under /usr/lib/cgi-bin/.  This
will keep both features independant and not affect the general use of
the system.
-----

You can read all about it here:

                                          Brian
                                  ( bcwhite@pobox.com )

             The best way to predict the future... is to create it.