Re: Status of open topics -- comments?

On Tue, 31 Oct 2000, Julian Gilbey wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 29, 2000 at 11:52:34PM -0500, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
> > #60979: What /etc/init.d/xxx restart does?
> >   status: restart stops and starts the program, perhaps we need a
> >           start-rc.d script  We now are waiting for code.
> >   Action: Nothing, until the code is written.
> >           This should be downgraded to a proposal, pending code.

I've better defined the restart issue, and added maybe-restart to the policy
text. I also wrote the 'start-rc.d' script (although I called it
invoke-rc.d). All this stuff was sent to this list two days ago for
comments, before I fill it as a wishlist bug.

> > #20373: [PROPOSAL] shouldn't start init scripts in wrong  runlevel
> >             code for start-rc.d
> >   Action: Nothing, until the code is written.

Code is written and tested, and the required policy change proposal written.
They were sent to this list two days ago, and a better version of the code
will be sent later today after I finish regression-testing it.

If you didn't receive it from debian-devel or debian-policy, I can send it
directly to you.

  Henrique Holschuh