Re: Priorities

Hi

Ben Collins schrieb:
> 	Task packages can define different levels of installation. The
> 	tasksel program will follow these rules for each case:
>
> 	- Minimum, installs everything that the task-* package Depends on
> 	- Standard, installs everything in Minimum, plus packages that it
> 	  Recommends
> 	- Complete, installs all of the above plus packages that it
> 	  Suggests

Additionally the following came to my mind when I read the
above:

If a package is:
o depended on by one or
o recommended by (eg) two or
o suggested by (eg) three
It should be installed by apt-get.

I don't know about the implementation details of apt-get
though, thus this could introduce new, unseen before, levels of
complexity ... ;)

just my two CHF ...

ciao, 2ri
--
"Siddhartha tut nichts, er wartet, er denkt, er fastet, aber er geht durch die
Dinge der Welt hindurch wie der Stein durchs Wasser, ohne etwas zu tun, ohne