Policy on cron.* scripts (was: Re: Still exim problem)

Hi

Brendan O'Dea schrieb:
> On Thu, Oct 05, 2000 at 08:36:18AM +0200, Fabio Massimo Di Nitto wrote:
> >[...]it's still reporting me each cron.daily
> >execution this
> >message:
> >
> >/etc/cron.daily/exim:
> >Exim retry database in spool /var/spool/exim
>
> This message appears to be produced unconditionally by exim_tidydb (see
> exim_tidydb.c, line 162).
>
> The program should probably be changed to be less verbose, or to output
> error messages on stderr so that the crontab entry may redirect stdout
> to /dev/null.

Probably it should be clearly stated in policy that the cron.*
scripts may be quiet if no errors are encountered.

Running logcheck can be really amusing sometimes ... ;)

ciao, 2ri
--
"I heard if you play the NT-CD backwards, you get a satanic message."
"That's nothing, if you play it forward, it installs NT"