about the architecture field

Hi,
I'm using the potato, and i'd like to make my own debian package for
friends and me. I know pgcc, and i've "tested" it, by compiling some
applications with full optimizations for PentiumPro serie. The result
was impressive (faster than 35% for bladeenc for example), and i want to
make debian packages (for my own usage, or for friends), but some of
them will run only for PentiumPro (mainly, applications that uses a lot
of CPU/FPU, like bzip2, ...), and I think I can't put i686 in the
architecture field of the control file. I want to make distinction
between package that run only on i686 and the others (which run on
i386).
What do you advise to me ?

alexis JANIAK
Student last year in computer science in FRANCE

ps: the Debian is really excellent, thanks to the debian team for their
job !