Re: new fields in debian/control

** On Jul 19, Adam Heath scribbled:
> On Mon, 17 Jul 2000, Wichert Akkerman wrote:
>
> > Previously Adam Heath wrote:
> > > Is this created in debian/control by the maintainer, or should it be inserted
> > > at package build time by an automated tool?  Indeed, couldn't all fields be
> > > inserted at package build time?
> >
> > Right now in debian/control. I've been thinking of making a configuration
> > file (/etc/dpkg/build and ~/.dpkg-build) with default settings for options
> > like this.
>
> or $PWD/../.dpkg-build.  I could have multiple versions of a particular
> package unpacked on my system, and having just one 'global' file(in ~) would
> be difficult.
The one global file could use regex syntax for selecting options for various
packages. I generally like having all the config of one type in one place.
Imagine a structure like that:

REGEX1: // The regex creates a label for the package
  setting
  setting
  setting

REGEX2:
  .
  .

That way you have everything in one place, you can automatically set various
settings based on, e.g., version of the package you maintain etc.

regards,

marek