Re: mail spool (Finale)

    Marco> We have it:

    Marco> For MUAs: $MAIL.  For MTAs: ~/.forward For LDAs: depends on
    Marco> the program, but it's not really important because you have
    Marco> to configure it anyway.

True, but there is no central place to set $MAIL (and I think $MAILDIR
is the correct place for maildirs???). But, this takes us back into
the debate on /etc/environment :-(

[ Please send followups to the following to debian-devel.... ]

You can set this up in /etc/login.defs, but this only applies
(AFAIK) for console and telnet logins, and not ssh.

Perhaps, with PAM, something better could be done (if I said why I
think this is insufficient though, we would be heading way off topic
for this thread).

What is an LDA?
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>