Re: MUST and SHOULD in policy

On Sat, May 06, 2000 at 01:36:51AM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
>       packages
> 	should generally adhere to most of the guidelines denoted
> 	by *should* (or *recommended).

This is a circular definition and buys nothing.  I recommend:
"... packages that fail the guidelines denoted by SHOULD or RECOMMENDED
are not suitable for the Debian distribution except in exceptional
situations" - or something like that (probably should weaken the condition
a little).

                    I'm moving IRL on May 2, 2000.
               New contact information on the home page