Re: maintainers with bad email addresses

On Wed, Apr 05, 2000 at 02:19:28PM -0400, Thomas Bushnell, BSG wrote:
> I think it should be a requirement that Debian maintainers have email
> addresses which accept all validly formatted email, at least in
> response to bug-reporting discussions.  Is this controversial?

Yes, even if it is reasonable.

There is, unfortunately, a very vocal minority of developers who reserve
the right to cackle in glee as perfect valid non-spam email messages are
bounced or destroyed in the name of spam control.

It would probably take a General Resolution to force this through (i.e.,
we'd have to define the discarding of legitimate project-related mail as
a deriliction of developer duties).  Let me know if you could get behind
such a resolution.  Potential objectors to this need not speak up now, I
already know your names.

In other news, this topic is probably more germane to -project than
-policy.  Policy has more to do with what packages do than what maintainers
do (though there are gray areas).

--
G. Branden Robinson            |
Debian GNU/Linux               |    Exercise your freedom of religion.  Set