Re: many packages still using /usr/doc

On Sat, 08 Jan 2000, Anand Kumria wrote:

> ... is anyone else seeing a large number of packages reported by:
> $ ls -l /usr/doc | grep ^d | wc -l
>     162
> instead of the expected 0?

Who is expecting 0 here?  We expect this for Debian 2.3, but not for
potato.  In potato we expect, that every documentation is available as
/usr/doc/<package> (documentation either placed there or accessible
via a symlink to /usr/share/doc/<package>).

> Should a mass bug report be filed against
> these (ls -l /usr/doc/ | grep ^d | awk ' { printf "%s ", $9 }
> ') packages?

Not before the release of potato!
You should only file bug reports against packages, which place their
documentation in /usr/share/doc/<package> _without_ a symlink to
/usr/doc/<package> (I didn't check which packages still have this
bug).

Ciao

        Roland

--