Re: /usr/doc transition and other things

"Marcus" == Marcus Brinkmann <Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de> writes:

Marcus> Joey Hess did chose not to implement this change yet as he
Marcus> waited for a consensus on the discussion that started about
Marcus> this topic. This rules out 70% of our packages, which are
Marcus> based on debhelper (figure may be wrong, but approx.).

And I choose not to wait for him, a debhelper thats compliant can be
tested at:

        http://netgod.net/x/debhelper_2.0.21-0.0_all.deb

Only problem found so far is that using it breaks the autobuild
machines using the /usr/doc debhelper.  But if 70% of packages can be
converted with a simple recompile, I don't see what the big
controversy is.

FHS is an acheivable goal, IMO.

		netgod

<penguin> If the designers of X-Windows built cars, there would be no
   fewer than five steering wheels hidden about the cockpit, none of
   which followed the same principles -- but you'd be able to shift
   gears with your car stereo. Useful feature, that.