Re: /usr/doc transition and other things

Hi,
>>"Raul" == Raul Miller <moth@magenta.com> writes:

 Raul> (*) Policy is *supposed* to be a formulation of existing practice.
 Raul> If everybody agrees, the technical committee doesn't need to get
 Raul> involved.

        How can evolutionalry changes be then ratified into policy? I
 understand about new policy issues, you get a bunch of packages to do
 things, and then make that practice policy. (This has pros and cons)

        If this statement is interpreted strictly, then once set,
 policy is indeed writ in stone (doing things different from the
 policy document can't be existing practice unless people blatantly
 violate policy, and then we make policy whatever thoise people are
 doing).

        I am beginning to feel we are straying too far into
 bureaucratic realm here, but may be I just don't get the issues
 involved.

        manoj
--
 A man forgives only when he is in the wrong.