Re: smarter way to differ architectures needed?

On Tue, Mar 30, 1999 at 01:40:31PM -0600, Gordon Matzigkeit wrote:

> This is exactly why I am arguing that Architecture should be
> reimplemented in terms of virtual packages that correspond to
> different ABIs, that we can use in the Depends field.

We should really start working on a proposal for this, but
currently I am worried about short term solution even.

dpkg does still not contain my patches, the Debian policy is still not
updated, and "makedev" is still in the hurd archive (the latter is
completely my fault).

Marcus