Re: [joey: Maintainership, vanishing or absent maintainers (QA)]

Hi,

Thanks for sending me this. Here are some additions that I think
you'll find useful. Also, you're welcome to submit this to the
Policy list. Either way, I second the proposal.

On Mon, Mar 29, 1999 at 07:16:57PM +0200, Martin Schulze wrote:
> 	* Orphaned packages:
> 		Bugfix uploads can be done any time by DQAG members.

Any interested maintainer who is willing to do an upload of an orphaned
package is welcome to ask on the DQAG list for permission to do so, on
behalf of his or DQAG's.

> 			- Unimportant packages:
> 				If there's still no-one volunteering to take care of them
> 				after this delay, they'll be dropped in the section 'project/orphaned'.

They will be listed on the WNPP page as orphaned by the DQAG.

Packages that don't get a maintainer for one year or two Debian releases
will be withdrawn completely from the distribution.

> 	[Are these delays too long/too short?]

[No, just fine :) ]

> 	saying which Package_Version they will upload,
> 	and the serial numbers of the bugs fixed by the upload.

[change this to:]

saying which package and of which version and distribution will they
upload, and naming the exact bug reports that will be marked as fixed
after the upload.

> 		However if DQAG members make 3 consecutive bugfix uploads with still no action
> 	from the package maintainer, then the 'Maintainer' field will be set to
> 	"Orphaned Package <debian-QA@lists.debian.org>", and the package will be considered as
> 	orphaned (this will be announced on <debian-devel>).

[change this to:]

However, if DQAG members make 3 consecutive bugfix uploads within two
months, with still no action from the actual package maintainer, then
the 'Maintainer' field of the package will be set to "Debian QA Group
<debian-qa@lists.debian.org>", and the package will be marked orphaned
This will be announced on <debian-devel@lists.debian.org> and sent to
<wnpp@debian.org>.

> 	- work on "stable" and "unstable" distributions:

[this is unfinished?]