Re: Maintainership, vanishing or absent maintainers (QA)

On Sun, Mar 28, 1999 at 05:21:55PM -0700, Jason Gunthorpe wrote:
> Eh? You can't be a Debian developer without an account on master, if Lars
Sure you can.  Lars is.

> How are you going to do it any other way, the only thing every maintainer
> has to do is access the machines, some people never upload packages (like
> me) some people work on web pages, but the only common thing is that they
> all login to one of the boxes to make their efforts visible.
Sure, but they don't have to be master.  There's the other queues that can
be uploaded to.. technically, someone on the web team doesn't even need an
account on va.debian as long as they have a cvs password..

> As for remembering passwords, you can always just re-enter the old one I
> suppose.
As long as it's allowed.  The last time I had expiring passwords, they
could not be the same.

> Maybe it should be password expiry with a timer reset at each login? Then
> you just have to login once every so often.
Suppose... but that still assumes everybody has an account.