The package in question was curl.

Root of this discussion:
 http://www.debian.org/Lists-Archives/debian-mentors-9908/msg00059.html
the messages supporting my opinion:
 http://www.debian.org/Lists-Archives/debian-mentors-9908/msg00074.html
 http://www.debian.org/Lists-Archives/debian-mentors-9908/msg00076.html
which I have also expressed here:
 http://www.debian.org/Lists-Archives/debian-mentors-9908/msg00095.html
but there was no more discussion after that, so perhaps it's
a bit preposterous to call it a result or a consensus.

I'd rather not to dig the decision(?) referred in my post,
but the problem seems to be a general one. I think this should
be clarified somewhere. For that reason I also Cc: -policy.
If this needs to be in BTS please forward it there.

t.aa

Peter S Galbraith <GalbraithP@dfo-mpo.gc.ca> 15. Nov 1999 18:07