Re: Icon and pixmap location

Julian Gilbey wrote:
> I want to make two
> suggestions of which one should be implemented:
>
> (1) All pixmaps and bitmaps live in /usr/share/icons.  End of story.
>     *NO* pixmaps or bitmaps will live in /usr/X11R6/include.
>
> (2) Pixmaps are allowed to live in either /usr/share/icons or
>     /usr/X11R6/include/X11/pixmaps (aka: /usr/include/X11/pixmaps).
>     Bitmaps are similarly allowed to live in either /usr/share/icons
>     or /usr/X11R6/include/X11/bitmaps (aka: /usr/include/X11/bitmaps).
>
> Please give your comments before I make a proposal.

I like proposal (1) (sorry I reply so late).

And how about something similar for postscript fonts? I currently have
them in:
/usr/lib/ghostscript/fonts/
/usr/share/texmf/fonts/type1/
/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/Type1/

And some of them are repeated but with different names. I do not follow
other lists so I don't know if this has been discussed yet, but they
could all be somewhere such as:
/usr/share/fonts/type1/
with subdirectories for different encondings.

Jaime Villate