Re: compressing copyright

On Thu, Nov 04, 1999 at 11:04:58AM -0800, Seth R Arnold wrote:
> This is where I disagree. I have been wondering myself over the last few
> days, how many of the non-free and contrib and so forth have I installed on
> my system? How many packages are *not* free? I think if I were to take the
> time, I could write a quick little script to grep through all
> /usr/share/doc/package/copyright.txt to find out which ones are free and
> which ones aren't.

ajk@gaia[22:21:59]:~$ grep-available -PX vrms
Package: vrms
 The vrms program will analyze the set of currently-installed packages on a
 Debian GNU/Linux system, and report all of the packages from the non-free
 tree which are currently installed.
 .
 Future versions of vrms will include an option to also display text from the
 public writings of RMS and others that explain why use of each of the
 installed non-free packages might cause moral issues for some in the Free
 Software community.  This functionality is not yet included.

ajk@gaia[22:22:06]:~$

                                  ""
                             (John Cage)