Re: Build-depends => change policy wording

Julian Gilbey <J.D.Gilbey@qmw.ac.uk> writes:

> > On Tue, 26 Oct 1999, Julian Gilbey wrote:
> >
> > > Given that there are now two sorts of depends, I am changing the
> > > paragraph:
> > >
> > >    Packages may not depend on packages with lower priority values. If
> > >    this should happen, one of the priority values will have to be
> > >    adapted.
> > >
> > > to read:
> > >
> > >    Binary packages may not depend on binary packages with lower
> > >    priority values. If this should happen, one of the priority values
> > >    will have to be adapted.
> > >
> > Mmm, is this change really needed?
> > *Source* packages do not have priorities...
>
> How about:
>
>    Packages may not depend on packages with lower priority values
>    (excluding build-time dependencies). If this should happen, one of
>    the priority values will have to be adapted.

Why exclude source from that? I would suggest the same rule for source
and I would also suggest that sources gain the (highest) priority from
the packages they produce.

Would there be any package violating the policy that way?

May the Source be with you.
			Goswin