Re: Source dependencies: are we ready?

On Tue, Oct 26, 1999 at 12:14:19AM +0100, Julian Gilbey wrote:
> Just a question which I haven't thoroughly investigated yet:
>
> I'm about to add #41232 (source dependencies) to the next policy
> version.  But will this break existing tools?  In particular, will the
> dpkg* tools yet be able to build a package using a Source-Depends:
> field, or will they die?  If the latter, then we need a dpkg NMU
> (Wichert? Ben?) before this can be placed in policy.

Ughh, this is completely different that what I was told. I see no problem
with implementing this as written however. Just tell me that it wont
change anymore before being implemented? :)

As a helpful aside, could you send me a real simple shake down of what the
fields are, where they need to go (after dpkg-gencontrol and/or
dpkg-source get's done parsing them).

Thanks,
  Ben