Re: Packages should not Conflict on the basis of duplicate functionality

On Sat, 25 Sep 1999, Raul Miller wrote:

> Perhaps there are people who want a "service enabled by default" policy,
> and perhaps we should accomodate them.  However, I'm not one of them
> and I don't want any services turned on on some of my machines without
> my explicit ok.

Yes, and I think this is an *excellent* candidate for something that
can be trivially fixed by the new debconf -- you can tell it (at
least I hope you can) that the default answer for all of the `Can
I start this daemon?' questions is `no' (assuming, of course, that
the maintainers add questions like these into their packages).

--
Chris <chris@fluff.org>                         ( http://www.fluff.org/chris )