Re: weekly policy summary - Data section (#38902)

> Data section (#38902)
>   * Consensus.
>   * Proposed on 3 Jun 1999 by Darren O. Benham; seconded by Peter S
>     Galbraith and Peter Makholm.
>   * "Since there is interest in packaging census data, maps, genome
>     data and other huge datasets I and since most people agreed that
>     dropping them in main or contrib is not a great idea, I propose
>     the creation of a data section to reside along side of main,
>     contrib and non-free." Includes rules about what goes in this
>     section.

     The original proposal included rules about what goes in this
section, but there was considerable discussion about the proposal,
including the rules.  Before this is included in policy, I believe the
proposer should restate the proposal, including the rules, that were
subject to the consensus.

Bob
   _
  |_)  _  |_       Robert D. Hilliard    <hilliard@flinet.com>
  |_) (_) |_)      Palm City, FL  USA    PGP Key ID: A8E40EB9