Re: Multibyte encoding - what should a package provide?

Hello,

I write this mail to ask you to fix your lack of understanding about
multi-lingual.

# My English is very poor (I'm very sorry!!), but please read this
# mail to the end.

You classified *only* three categories of language.
It is interesting because we can know that non-multi-byte users thinking.

We think that this clasification is insufficient.

In my opinion, European languages have almost same characters (
US-ASCII + language-dependent character (umlaut, ... )) and have
similar grammer with the exception of some languages.

But the multi-byte languages (Japanese, Korean, Chinese, and so on)
does not have same characters and have very different grammar.  This
means that these languages are not classified only one "Unicode"
(Your thinking!!).  It
may be possible in the far future, but this is very very difficult
work for a long time from now.  It will be long time before your thinking
change to a realistic one.

So. the 3rd category should be classified by each language.  (This is,
of course, the one of the reason for the difficulty of I18N)

Please recognize  Asian-language's special characteristic, fully.