Re: /usr/doc transition and other things

Hi,

 Santiago> On Thu, 2 Sep 1999, Anthony Towns wrote:
 >> On Wed, Sep 01, 1999 at 08:12:20AM -0400, Dale Scheetz wrote:
 >> > It was my understanding that this situation could be resolved in the same
 >> > fashion that the man and info transitions were. By making the docs viewing
 >> > programs aware of both the old and new locations, and back porting them
 >> > into slink, the broken tools issue is resolved.
 >>
 >> AFAIK, it's just not possible to make Apache (and other web browsers)
 >> make both /usr/doc and /usr/share/doc accessible at the one
 >> http://localhost/doc URL.

 Santiago> So: is this the only *technical* reason for the proposed symlink farm?

        No.

 Santiago> I will be very disappointed if the *technical* committee
 Santiago> decides a change in each and every maintainer script in
 Santiago> every package just because a single package is unable to
 Santiago> look for docs in two different directories.

        Relax. You are not dissapointed.

        manoj
--
 Those on fire with desire follow the stream of their desires, like a
 spider follows the strands of its self-made web. Breaking the bond,