Re: /usr/share/doc: some new proposals

Hi,
>>"Chris" == Chris Waters <xtifr@dsp.net> writes:

 Chris> There is more involved with FHS than I think many people
 Chris> realize.  We have a fair amount of work to do just with the
 Chris> stuff that is obvious *and* non-contentious, like
 Chris> /usr/share/man and /usr/share/info.  I

        That is already policy.

 Chris> haven't heard *anyone* discuss the move from /var/lib/games to
 Chris> /var/games either, which is going to require a bit of work.

        What is wrong with individual packages moving to /var/games as
  part of FHS compliance? What are the problems you envisage?

 Chris> Potato is *not* going to be FHS compliant, so why pretend?

        I think you are labouring under a misapprehension here. No one
 is saying that potato shall be FHS compliant. We would be hard put to
 make woody compliant, I think, if we start now. But I think moving
 towards FHS comliance is important, and can be done.

 Chris> The /usr/doc issue is big, but it's simple and consistent, and
 Chris> will yield to brute force measures *somehow*.  Let's make sure
 Chris> we have the more subtle, inobvious, and tricky bits under
 Chris> control before worrying about it.

        Which are?

        manoj
--
 oh okay. my mistake.  Yafcot:atj(*), mark Yet another fool coming
 over this: according to joey mark@mail.novare.net