installless debs

Has anyone tried to package something that doesn't really get installed?
What I mean...

I've got a few wcripts I use to generate email responses from CVS when
something gets checked in.  This would be, I think, neat to offer to others
but since the scripts get put into CVSROOT replacing some of the existing
scripts (and should be chhecked in the CVS way) there really ins't an
installtion per se, jsut the scripts that have to be installed by hand...?
I sthere policy regarding this?