Re: How to handle combined README/changelog file?

On Mon, Jul 05, 1999 at 05:45:46PM +0200, Thomas Schoepf wrote:
> [Please CC me, I'm not subscribed to this list]
>
> I have a package that contains a README file with the program's history at
> the bottom. I've read the Policy about changelog files but afai can see
> this is a special case.
>
> Currently I'm thinking about letting changelog.gz be a symlink to
> README.gz.
>
> Any opinions?

I would either split up the upstream README, and edit any references to the
changelog to "point" to the new file, or just do what you said, and symlink
changelog.gz to README.gz.

--
G. Branden Robinson              |    To stay young requires unceasing
Debian GNU/Linux                 |    cultivation of the ability to unlearn