Re: dpkg acts strange

Hello List !

> > I like to use a coppled Replace: + Conflict: to replace a package with
> > a another one with a different name.
> > This works well - but only with ONE package. The second packet will not
> > be "considered to be removed" by dpkg. Why ?!
>
> Limitation of dpkg.
Argh! What would you suggest me to do if I *like* to replace two packages.

P.S.: Hello policy group: can you please add this to section 8.3(?) of the
      packaging manual ? -thx

> James
read you,

    -christian-

--
Christian Hammers              WESTEND GmbH              Tel 0241/701333-0
ch@westend.com      DPN Verbund-Partner Aachen u. Dueren   Fax 0241/911879