Re: Menu-2.0, optimized menu tree, hints

Joey Hess <joey@kitenet.net> writes:

> Wow! You've utterly bypassed the whole policy issue with a brilliant idea!

Well, no (though that was my first reaction too).  We still should
have a policy regarding the *default* menu layout, and it still makes
sense to have it separate from the menu package itself (for developers
that want menu installed, and to prevent re-releasing menu just to
affect changes in policy).

We may even want to create policy for these hints, so that we don't
have hundreds of random, incompatible hints provided by different
packages.