Re: translation dictionaries

On Thu, 10 Jun 1999, I wrote:

> In /usr/share/trans the translation dictionaries are named with the
> ISO(?) names so the above German-English dictionary will be stored
> as /usr/share/trans/de-en

> "ding" doesn't make much sense without a translation dictionary, so
> it may be a good idea to depend on or recommend a translation
> dictionary. I hope that there will be dictionaries other than de-en
> in the near future, so I think we should use a virtual package here
> that every translation dictionary provides. I propose the virtual
> package name "translation-dictionary" for this.

> Any objections against this proposals?

I didn't get any comments about this, does this mean that I simply do
it in this way?
I'm not sure, whether we have to comment the above in the policy, but
the following line should be added to virtual-package-names-list.text:

translation-dictionary	Translation word lists in /usr/share/trans/xx-yy

Ciao

        Roland

--
 * roland@spinnaker.de * http://www.spinnaker.de/ *
 PGP: 1024/DD08DD6D   2D E7 CC DE D5 8D 78 BE  3C A0 A4 F1 4B 09 CE AF