Re: Pre-install required space

Hi,
>>"Brock" == Brock Rozen <brozen@torah.org> writes:

 Brock> On Fri, 11 Jun 1999 at 14:57, Joey Hess wrote about "weekly policy summary":

 Brock> I will second this, simply because I like features and this one certainly
 Brock> can't hurt. I think it should be an option though (to save the time
 Brock> involved in processing) for those of us who *know* we have enough disk
 Brock> space available.

        Please note that no seconds have been called for. I think we
 are drifting to the conclusion that this task may best be done by
 dinstall when the package is accepted into the archive, and I think
 we need a proof of concept snippet that creates the dus listing given
 a .deb file (yes, it is quite trivial, but real life has bitten down
 hard)

        We already have a proof of concept script that apt can use to
 utilize the size information.

        manoj
 if that is the route we go, then this would not be policy, and no
 changes shall be required to the packages themselves.
--
 "The computer programmer is a creator of universes for which he alone
 is responsible. Universes of virtually unlimited complexity can be