Re: [PROPOSAL DRAFT]: editor and sensible-editor

On Wed, Jun 02, 1999 at 13:22:16 +0200, Goswin Brederlow wrote:
> Policy states that programms should use $EDITOR if set and else use editor
> as the prefered editor, but why not just use sensible-editor?

One reason that I can think of is that with $EDITOR, a program can look at
what editor the user wants, and choose command line options on the basis of
that; that doesn't work with sensible-editor.

Ray
--
LEADERSHIP  A form of self-preservation exhibited by people with auto-
destructive imaginations in order to ensure that when it comes to the crunch