Re: Old bugs

At 19:27 +0100 1999-05-30, Julian Gilbey wrote:
20099  No policy on /etc/environment
      [Should we have one?  A policy on it or even should we have it?]

We have several programs that use it, the problem is that there are at least two different expected formats. I'd say we do need policy on it.

33826  Para 3.3.2 (note number change!) says /etc/init.d scripts must
      be named /etc/init.d/<package>; what about using '.sh' suffix?

For rcS scripts, .sh means the script should be sourced instead of executed.
For non-rcS scripts, it appears to mean that the script should not be executed directly, rather it should be run as 'sh <script> <arg>'.
--
Joel Klecker (aka Espy)                    Debian GNU/Linux Developer
<URL:mailto:jk@espy.org>                 <URL:mailto:espy@debian.org>