Re: weekly policy summary

On Fri, 28 May 1999 at 17:14, Joey Hess wrote about "weekly policy summary":

> Md5sum proposal
>   * Under discussion.
>   * Proposed on 17 May 1999 by Piotr Roszatycki; seconded by Peter S
>     Galbraith, Brock Rozen and Christoph Lameter.
>   * Require a md5ums file be present in all packages.
>     ( Very controversial. )

I don't recall seconding this -- bbut even if I did, please remove my
second. I'm not against this, it's just that I'm not a big advocate. I'm
of the opinion that more options can't hurt. If somebody thinks it gives
them security when it doesn't, then they don't understand it properly.
(Thus, I've merged both opinions)

--
Brock Rozen                                              brozen@torah.org
Director of Technical Services                             (410) 602-1350