Re: Let's Debian blow... gracefully!

On Wed, 26 May, 1999, Fabien Ninoles wrote:
> > On Tue, May 25, 1999 at 10:35:57AM +0100, Edward Betts wrote:
> > > I changed the description so it does not say it is a mirror anymore:
>
> Creation of a sub-directory aside from main, contrib, non-free named
> data.
>
> I will really like to see this one at least second. It's an old thread
> that I saw reborn and kill too often. My english is not perfect, so it's
> certainly need some correction but I think the idea is here.

As the `would be maintainer' of gnu-philosophy, once this issue is resolved I
would say that I agree, with this proposal, and I would include the package in
a `data' section. Consider this motion seconded.

In the case of gnu-philosophy, if I had my way I would include it unpacked on
the CD. If we ever work out a way of getting the installaion to boot from CD
and use the CD as root then people installing Debian could read why-free.html
in lynx while they install. Much more useful than watching a screen telling
you to fill in your registation card :-)

But then I am sure that other people would like their packages unpacked on the
CD, ready for use.

--
I consume, therefore I am