Re: weekly policy summary

Marcus Brinkmann wrote:
> On Fri, May 21, 1999 at 01:21:26PM -0700, Joey Hess wrote:
> >
> > Md5sum proposal
> >   * Under discussion.
> >   * Proposed on 17 May 1999 by Piotr Roszatycki; seconded by Peter S
> >     Galbraith, Brock Rozen and Marcus Brinkmann.
> >   * Require a md5ums file be present in all packages.
>
> I did *NOT* second this.

Here's the message I must have read to imply that you seconded it:

Marcus Brinkmann wrote:
> On Mon, May 17, 1999 at 03:27:15PM -0500, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
> >  Peter> This reason alone is enough.  I second the motion.
> >
> >         Why reinvent the wheel and further bloat the packjaging
> >  system? Tripwire does this just fine.
>
> I second your motion in general (this does not belong into dpkg directly,
> but could be an add on). But just as I got curious about tripwire, I was
> scared away:

I guess I mininterpreted you and you were seconding Manoj's objection, or
some such thing? Anyway, it's been corrected.

(As an aside, I wish people would stop saying "I second that" to things that
are not a formal proposal. If it's not a formal proposal, it doesn't need
seconds, and a second is juat another "AOL!"/"Me too!". And it makes my job
harder. It's spilling over into debian-devel as well. (While I'm griping, a
proposal really doesn't need 6 seconds like some have gotten. 2 or 3 is
quite sufficient.))

--
see shy jo