Re: utmp group proposal

At 18:37 -0700 1999-05-19, Karl M. Hegbloom wrote:
I'll second on official creation of the `utmp' group, even if none of
the other major Linux distributions are also doing this...  though I
wonder if they are, and if they also call the group `utmp'.  We ought
to use the same group name, even if not all use the same standard GID
for that group.  Is the "Linux Standards Base" project still alive?

Red Hat has a utmp group.
--
Joel Klecker (aka Espy)                    Debian GNU/Linux Developer
<URL:mailto:jk@espy.org>                 <URL:mailto:espy@debian.org>