An Empty `real' virtual package ?

Soemone recenly announced an ITP ogonkify. Yes, this already exists, but is
part of a2ps. Both the upstream authors of a2ps and of ogonkify are happy
with that situation and don't feel strongly in favour of a distinct ogonkify
package.

So it was suggest to create an empty ogonkify package (which would depend on
a2ps) to give ogonkify more visibility.

Is this considered to be a good or a bad idea ?

Please cc me as I am not subscribed to -policy.

--
According to the latest figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless.