Re: weekly policy summary

On Fri, May 14, 1999 at 05:11:25PM -0700, Chris Waters wrote:
> > Has someone written the proposed changes to the menu hierarchy as cited
> > in the objection to this made by Wichert and others (incl. myself)?
>
> There are approximately a THOUSAND proposed changes, many of them
> contradictory, this is one of the problems this proposal was
> originally designed to ADDRESS!  We need to get the heirarchy to
> someplace it can be WORKED on, and we need to make it more open to
> changes.
>
> I'm working on a proposal to handle this in a similar fashion to the
> virtual package list, i.e. as a separate list we can change when
> sufficient need is found.  I've been slacking off a bit on finishing
> it, while studying some alternatives, but I should have a proposal
> soon.

That's what I was asking, thanks.  Um, part of why the idea was to add it
to policy was that we already have a way to do that for the policy.

Would you object to having changes in the meantime handled in the same
sort of manner (sans the BTS stuff since we don't have a way to handle
those real easily) until it's actually ready to go into policy?  Or
possibly a simplification of that process at least?

<Flood> netgod: I also have a "Evil Inside" T-shirt (w/ Intel logo).. on
        the back it states: "When the rapture comes, will you have root?"