Re: xfonts-package-name

    BR> On Sun, May 09, 1999 at 08:33:39PM +0200, Piotr Roszatycki
    BR> wrote:
    >> I maintain package xfonts-latin2-biznet.  I think about change of
    >> package name. Maybe xfonts-biznet-iso8859-2 will be better?
    >>
    >> My proposition for any font package:
    >>
    >> What about font package names? There is a lot of different fonts
    >> and good scheme would be helpful.

    [...]

    BR> Having said that, I suggest:

    BR> xfonts-<producer>-<encoding>

    BR> Producer is, as you said, whatever person or group authored or
    BR> canonically distributes the fonts.

I think these suggestions are quite reasonable as long as they are not
too strict.  I maintain intlfonts (the ones distributed from GNU site),
for which I produce 8 reasonably sized (IMHO) binary packages.
I wouldn't like to split them even more, so packages like
xfonts-intl-european or xfonts-intl-japanese-big should be compatible
with the font packages naming policy.

Milan Zamazal

--
"Having GNU Emacs is like having a dragon's cave of treasures."
                                                Robert J. Chassell