Re: utmp group proposal

Michael Stone wrote:
> Which reminds me, we should probably make it clear that 2.0 kernels will
> not work properly with potato if we do this. Maybe a big blinking orange
> sign during installation or something. :)

Hm, the only ill effect will be that people won't show up in wtmp, it won't
entirely stop xterm from working, right?

On the other hand, it doesn't just require 2.2 kernels, it requires them
with unix98 pty support. Given the kernel's configure time documentation of
it ("It's save [sic] to say N."), it's a good bet that a lot of people with
2.2 kernels still don't have the pty support.

We also have to come up with some way to get /dev/pts/ mounted
automatically, right?

--
see shy jo