Re: Software in main that is throughly useless without non-free software

Chris Waters wrote:
>This is very much analogous to software that uses Motif vs. software
>that uses Lesstif.  If Lesstif didn't exist, all software that
>requires Motif would be in non-free or contrib.  But since Lesstif
>does exist, software that *can* use it goes in main, even if someone
>decides to build a copy for themselves that uses true Motif.

Lesstiff needs to be installed and used on the same machine as the program
in order to make that program work.

I think that's an important distinction.
--
Robert Woodcock - rcw@debian.org
"Now we'll have to kill you." -- Linus Torvalds