Re: Scripts PROPOSAL

On Thu, 22 Apr 1999, Raul Miller wrote:

> If we do this we must provide a good rational, because there's a lot we
> currently trust about the environment and this would be a change from
> existing practice.

Well, because we're not setting up anything standard except for the root
user. /etc/environment just doesn't exist

> [For example, take a look at how many scripts set IFS.]

Could you give me an example of one please? I couldn't find any in my
/etc/init.d/ directory

--
Brock Rozen                                              brozen@torah.org
Director of Technical Services                              (410)358-9800