Re: contrib

.
>  2.1.3 The contrib section
>  [...]
>      * packages which we don't want to support because they are too
>        buggy, and [...]
>
> These package, if they are non stable, must be in the unstable directory, not the contrib. Am I right ?

The contents of "Unstable" eventually become the next major release
(Potato, or Debian 2.2, or whatever) once they all work together in
reasonably bug-free fashion.  Buggy "contrib" files might be too
buggy to fit into the official part of the next disty, or simply
may lack a developer who has the time to bring them up to speed.

Buggy and unstable aren't synonyms, in other words.

   ms44278@huey.csun.edu
   Mike Shupp
   California State University, Northridge
   Graduate Student, Dept. of Anthropology