wrt cross compilers and fhs

Hi,

a dispute on the Debian list is the correct path for cross compiler specific
files. The GNU convention is to use /usr/${GNU_TYPE} is the path for cross
building environments, GNU_TYPE being HWARCH-SYSTEM (or even more specific
HWARCH-VENDOR-SYSTEM, and lately there is a fourth field I forgot).

Did the standard commitee consider cross compilers at all, and is the
recommended place in the file system somewhere below /usr/lib, or:

Did you simply "forget" about cross compilers and didn't consider them to be
of much relevance. In this case it might make sense to mention them
explicitely and decide if the gnu convention is a good one (which I think it
is).

Thanks,
Marcus