Re: Maintainership, vanishing or absent maintainers (QA)

On Mon, 29 Mar 1999, Wichert Akkerman wrote:

> Previously Darren O. Benham wrote:
> > I *hate* expiring passwords!
>
> There is another problem: not all developers have an account on master.
> (simple example: Lars Wirzenius).
>
> Can't we do this in the LDAP database?

Eh? You can't be a Debian developer without an account on master, if Lars
doesn't have one he should get one (and if we do go to LDAP then he -will-
get one)

How are you going to do it any other way, the only thing every maintainer
has to do is access the machines, some people never upload packages (like
me) some people work on web pages, but the only common thing is that they
all login to one of the boxes to make their efforts visible.

As for remembering passwords, you can always just re-enter the old one I
suppose.

Maybe it should be password expiry with a timer reset at each login? Then
you just have to login once every so often.

Jason