Re: Why -g flag?

On Sun, Feb 21, 1999 at 01:47:11PM +0100, Gergely Madarasz wrote:
> > >    - The installed binary is stripped and fully optimized.
> > >    - It's easy to get an unstripped binary: just run debian/build,
> > >      no makefile tinkering necessary.
> > >    - The unstripped binary is useful for debugging core files generated
> > >      by the installed binary.
>
> Debug the -O2 optimized program ? I don't think that it's the best
> debugging method... :)

Even -O -g is all but useless.  For epic, I am building -O2 -Wall and -g
-Wall versions.  In fact, I'm packaging them both too.  epic4-dbg will
divert epic4's bins.  I thought about alternatives, but diversions of
just the bins seems more right logically.

--
"Do you think she's the sincere type? ... Yeah, I was afraid of that."
                        -- Richie Ryan, Highlander: The Series